Here's what we're having this week, though...
- Cookout with our neighbor friends Sunday night. We had so much food (and fun!) we all forgot about dessert!
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup (gluten-free version). It was ok. Nothing extraordinary, but the adults liked it. Camden liked it better the second night. Aiden never really tried it, unless you count his "finger taste." He just ate the veggies and hummus we had out those nights, along with some bread and fruit.
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna and roasted broccoli. I used fresh spinach instead of frozen, and I used all of the Alfredo sauce. I use fewer noodles b/c I like a saucier lasagna than recipes usually make when followed exactly - I usually use 9 noodles instead of 12. I also put some water in the sauce so the noodles cook when you bake the lasagna instead of cooking the noodles ahead of time. It's unnecessary extra work, and I tend to do away with as much of that as possible. Just had this tonight..it was ok. Good but the sauce we used (hubby picked up garlic-flavored) was too garlic-y and too salty. Aiden "finger tasted" it, said it was ok, but then ate no more. He did eat the broccoli (well, the tops of the "trees") without us ever saying a word, though! Camden, who we all thought would love this, didn't care for it. We'll see how it is on night #2...
- Edited to add...this was much better night #2. Even the boys agreed. Aiden ate most of his, and Camden admitted it was better than the night before. I even had seconds. So, maybe next time we just make it one night and start eating the next? ;)
- Taco Salad. Camden's cooking. More about that later.
- Salmon burgers, roasted potatoes, and some other veggie. We got some premade salmon burgers on sale from Whole Foods. Not something we normally get, and they still were more than we would usually spend, but...something new. Hopefully they're worth it!
- I'm also making an extra regular lasagna to freeze. We made some last week, and I need to use up some sauce that was left over, so I'm putting one together and freezing it for another time. I should post the recipe to this because it is soooo good. And the one I made last week is probably the best one we've had. I've always used the same basic recipe with slight changes here and there. Anyone need a great lasagna recipe?