Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crock-Pot Recipe Request!

Usually, my hubby and I sit down each week and plan out our weekly meals. This makes things so much easier when we do it, but lately we've been slacking a bit. That makes things difficult for me come 4:30pm and I haven't even had a free moment to considered dinner....(which is why I need that weekly plan!). In light of that, I've been wanting to find some really good and really easy Crock-Pot meal ideas. I have a couple Crock-Pot cookbooks - one is a six-ingredient one, which is always great for me because I love simple. The other is full of more complicated meals, which is not so great for me. Either way, what I really love is getting recipes from other people; I like to collect all kinds of recipes from others. So.....readers......please comment with your favorite Crock-Pot recipe(s). You could email me, but if you comment instead, we can all benefit and get a few new recipes! (For those of you reading in facebook, please click on the note title and comment in blogger.)

I'll share one of our favorite ones, too. This is a favorite not only because it is good but also because it is SUPER easy. I would much rather use more natural ingredients over processed (and this isn't that bad when considering some of the processed foods out there)...but this is such an easy go-to meal when you're really in a pinch. The first time I made this, Camden emphatically said that it was one of the best things ever. The second and third time, he let me know it wasn't THE best thing ever but was still very good. Ha. That's still a compliment, in my opinion.

Cranberry Chicken

4 chicken breast halves
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup barbecue sauce (whatever flavor you like - I like the sweeter ones for this)
1 can (16oz) whole berry cranberry sauce

Place chicken in sprayed slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Makes 4 servings.

How much easier can it get?! And if you don't have an onion on hand, you can go without just fine. We've had it both ways, and it's great either way. Also, I actually just dump all the ingredients in the Crock-Pot and stir it around. Why bother dirtying another dish unnecessarily??

If you have a good recipe for a side dish or a dessert, share that, too. Hey - I have a large and a small cooker, so.... ;) I could have a main course and more going on at the same time. Wouldn't that make me look like housewife of the year? Ha. (Ryan doesn't need to know how easy it is...right?!)

Looking forward to seeing what you all have to share!

No comments: