Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Thursday, December 13, 2007

And so it begins...

Over the past two days, I have felt a little different. The best way I can describe it is that my body seems kind of nervous. I felt like I couldn't really relax my belly. I took it to mean, the morning sickness is on its way......

Today I wake up, feeling like that and a little more so. I even ask Ryan to bring me some crackers just in case. I end up not needing them, but when breakfast time comes, I have to force myself to eat half of half a bagel. I'm emailing Ryan telling him how I feel and that I'm worried it might be starting today, when halfway through the email (and the bagel), I have to make a run for the bathroom..... And it's here.

It has NOT been a fun day. I was able to get down a couple crackers, a ginger snap cookie (we read ginger is supposed to help with nausea), and then a pb sandwich later on. But I am basically forcing myself to eat something because I know it will just get worse if my belly is completely empty. I feel terrible, though. So exhausted and just so uneasy.

And I keep thinking to myself, this is just day one.............................................

I endured five months of this with Camden. I wonder how much I'll have to suffer through this time... Some say it's better with the next pregnancies, some say it's the same (the first is a predictor of the other pregnancies), and my mom had it even worse with me, her second. Hmmmmm.... Looks like I'm in for a fun time either way.

No comments: