Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Monday, December 10, 2007

What a Miracle!

I woke up this morning (it was actually sometime in the middle of the night...) thinking the morning sickness had begun. I wasn't sure if it was that or if I was just feeling nauseous because I woke up in the middle of the night (and therefore had an empty belly). I tried to wish it away and fall back to sleep, and thankfully it worked. My fears were relieved by the time I woke up at the time I was supposed to (in the morning). I keep hoping that it holds off until at least after tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Because I have a final exam and did not plan on telling anyone I was pregnant yet. I don't want to have to worry about having to rush out of the classroom a million times and have to somehow explain it to the professor or other classmates, since this is not typical behavior... So hopefully I will wake up tomorrow morning with yet another day free of nausea.

Aside from constantly wondering when that will kick in and being appreciative of the days I have had without it so far....I am just constantly amazed at the miracle that is occuring. It truly is just so awesome when you think about what is happening in my body right now, especially during these first few weeks. I mean, the spinal cord is developing and so are all of this important organs. It really makes me stop and think about what I am eating every time I put something into my mouth these days! I have taken a bunch of classes and know so much about the development of the fetus, but it still is just so, so amazing to think about how it really occurs and grows. And to stop and realize that this is growing in my own body... Wow. It just blows me away. I am so very thankful and just want to do everything in my power to give this baby the best home possible.

And that is why I want to eat well, rest well, and let my wonderful husband pamper me as much as he is willing! ;) As soon as we found out we were pregnant, he said, that's it - we can't have you stressed at ALL! And he really has been great at trying to keep that from happening (well, most of the time). I feel so fortunate in so many ways right now.

I cannot wait to share this news, too. It's so hard to keep it from some people, such as Camden and my mom! She called the other day and said she hadn't heard from me in a while and wanted to hear my voice. One reason I hadn't spoken or emailed WAS because I'm so busy with finals coming up and all that, but the other is that it is just so hard not to tell her this news!!! I can't wait to share it with her!

We have this great plan for how to tell the parents. I can't wait to do it! We have these presents wrapped for each set of parents. Inside is a scroll of paper tied up with a note in it: Your present will arrive in nine months. I'm sure they'll figure it out right away, especially mom who knows how much I've been wanting to have another baby, but we'll be able to see their faces (and hopefully get pictures of it). It will be such a wonderful Christmas! Camden is getting a special present, too. We've ordered this cool shirt that says "big brother" on it. As soon as it arrives, I'm wrapping it, and he gets to open it that night! He is going to be SOOOO excited! He's been asking for a baby sister (or brother!) since before Ryan and I got married. He was a tad disappointed when he found out that after we got married, we could choose when we wanted to get pregnant. He hoped it would happen right away! But he's been asking if we'll have a baby the year he turns nine, at least. And that's what he's getting! He is going to be thrilled! I can't wait to see him as a big brother. He is so great around little kids. He is very big brotherly like, and I know he's going to be awesome with his new role.

Ok, now I have a final tomorrow, and I really should be studying right now....

Check out what is happening in my little tummy this week: http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-4-weeks_1080.bc?scid=mbtw_preg05:20071203:0:0:0

No comments: