Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Egg Hunting and Egg Dying

So today we went on an Easter Egg hunt in Fuquay-Varina (because we missed the one in town yesterday and didn't want to go to Raleigh, but this way Ryan got to join us). When I first asked Camden if he wanted to do the hunt, he immediately asked, "Will there be anything in the eggs?" Then he immediately stopped himself and said, "Oh, I don't care if there is or not. I like the searching part anyway. So yes, I want to go." (This was another one of those proud mama moments where you realize maybe something you have tried to teach actually seeped through!)


Here are some pictures of our hunting. The place was packed, the kids rushed as soon as they were let through to hunt, and it was all over in less than 5 minutes, though the boys (Camden and a neighbor that came along) kept looking for at least another 15 minutes or so - just in case.

We also dyed some eggs tonight. I've had this set of paints for about, oh, 2 or 3 years now. (Shows how often we do eggs, huh?) They didn't turn out quite like the box suggested they would... Oh well. It was still fun and they look ok.
OUR Eggs


The BOX


I have a bunch of pictures to post, but I have been trying since last night, and this thing is NOT WORKING. I am so frustrated and angry with my computer right now that I am really about to cry - that or throw it out the window! As soon as we figure out what the heck is going on and can do something to fix it, I will post the pics that were meant to go on here...................

No comments: