So, I have been "tagged" by one of my blogger friends to post 7 random things about myself. As I have a hard time not fulfilling these requests, here goes. And these are pretty random...
1. After I brush my teeth at night, I get soooo thirsty. When I go to take my bedtime meds (yes, for the morning sickness, still...), I want to down the entire bottle of water. I try not to since it is not the best idea for a pregnant woman to drink a ton of water at bedtime - not if she wants to sleep through the night without having to get up... But I certainly want to drink it all!
2. I have chronic insomnia issues. Always have. Mom says this was the case even when I was an infant. I remember in high school trying prescription sleeping meds, and after trying so many, the dr said he just couldn't help me - nothing worked! (That was nice - the dr giving up on me...) I have found one thing that works and is not habitual, but I can't take it while pregnant, and I don't like the idea of having to take meds for that all the time... I blame my not being able to wake up easily (at all! just ask my mom, ryan, or camden!) on my sleeping problems. Once I'm out, I'm out - but getting out is the problem. And add pregnancy sleeping problems on top of that - yeah, I'm having loads of fun with my sleepless nights these days!
3. I do NOT like exercising. Can't stand doing it just to do it. I LOVE being active, though. Give me an activity (hiking, swimming, walking, biking, etc, etc.) with my family or put me in a raquetball court with Ryan, and I will go at it - and love it. But working out just for the sake of working out. Yuck. It's just not fun. Pretty boring, in my opinion. I want to be active and be having fun at the same time. It is possible. I attempted to work out quite a bit in college - but I also made sure to take a lot of phys ed courses just to get me to be extra active a few times a week. And they were a lot of fun and got me in good shape, too. :)
4. I eat breakfast every single morning. I have never been able to go without it. (I'll actually get sick if I don't eat - and this is not just while pregnant but at any time.) I might eat it in the car...but I do always eat breakfast.
5. I love venison meat!! Man, there is nothing like a plate full of venison roast, mashed potatoes, peas, gravy, and rolls - all homemade of course! My mom would always make us our requested meal on our birthdays, and this has been my request for years and years. Love it! I also love most homecooked meals that you would expect to find in the home of a family living on a farm - probably because this is what I grew up on (and from being from farming families). I don't eat as much as I would like (for the fact that I would be in pants about four sizes what I wear now!), but I do love it all!
6. I don't know left from right. Regardless of how intelligent I may be, this will never happen! I just cannot - and never have been - able to do it. I even have to do the thing where you put out your thumbs and stick up your pointer fingers (and the side that makes an L is the left...), and I still have to really think about it. That's why I need a map when someone gives me directions - I get seriously anxious with written directions when I have no clue where I am going...
7. I graduated from college with the highest honors (summa cum laude - yes siree!) and will have my master's degree in just two months... And I still don't know what I really want to do with my life! (Except for being a mom - I swear, that must really be my calling!)
Ok, there are seven random things about me that you might not have known. :) Enjoy and feel free to let me know some random things about you. Haha!