Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tummy Tales

No belly pictures this week due to my illness and totally not feeling up to it. But I did take some shots of just my belly... And here are a couple tummy tid-bits.

As you may notice by the pic, my normally inny belly button is on its way to becoming an outy. Halfway there!

I know Braxton Hicks contractions can start around 18 weeks, sometimes a little earlier. But I have been getting them since week 13/14! At first it was just in the morning when I was lying down that I could feel them, but now I can feel them all throughout the day. I never felt any kind of contractions with Camden until I was in labor (after being prepared to be induced on my due date - I wasn't actually induced - the prep work they do put me into labor). So this is a new thing for me.

I am continuing to really grow. Mom saw me and said I was huge and that pictures didn't do it justice. She told this to Gene and her sister, Charlotte, too. Funny thing - I went to the dr before my week of enormous growth and just went back this week for being sick - no weight gain. So I'm definitely growing in size but not in weight. Hmmmm.... (I'm sure that won't be the case for too much longer! Haha! And I have managed to gain some weight, just not in the past few weeks.)

The baby hasn't been moving much since I've been sick, but last night there was a little more poking, which made me feel a bit better about that.

And tomorrow we go for our big ultrasound. We've been told it will last about an hour. An hour of seeing our baby - I am so excited for that. We also will try to find out the sex. Another funny thing - I know most people just count down the days for that and are so anxious for it to get here. I haven't been like that at all. I am excited, but I guess it's more that I'm ok with whatever it is and am just relaxed about waiting to find out (this is not normally like me - I'm typically very impatient!).
Side note: If we are having a girl, you might have to wait a bit on the name b/c we're still on the fence between two first names. If it's a boy, we will probably post it on here when we announce the sex b/c we are all in agreement on a name we love for a little boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your timer's already popped! Hope ya'll are doing well. Take care of yourself and each other.

Meri