Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nesting Instinct???

I told Ryan the other day that this is how I feel. Doesn't seem that the "nesting instinct" is kicking in with me! Most days (esp last week!), I just want to lay around all day and be lazy - and, yeah, eat cake and ice cream. (Why not??) Yes, I have a big to-do list that is *slowly* getting done. But I would rather just sleep in and do nothing...

Many people say the nesting instinct is this instinct to prepare for the baby - get things cleaned up, get the rooms ready, etc, etc. I think my body is instead telling me to prepare in another way - do the things now that I won't be able to do when baby comes, such as sleep and relax. ;) That's my justification, at least!

Now, I don't just sit around and do nothing, but I certainly am not feeling that "nesting" thing kicking in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear rainie, i don't think you really need that nesting instinct to kick in until the last few days before you go into labor. for those who go into labor without a c-section prep, it is a warning signal, or so i'm told. :)