Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Smart Guy

This morning, I was getting ready to nurse Aiden.... I had him lying on the couch next to me as I sat down. I usually have a cloth between us when he nurses - for any possible spills (anyone who has nursed or even bottle-fed a baby knows what I mean!) or spit-up even. This morning, before I picked him up, I just went on and laid the cloth across his shoulder on his chest. This was a brand new cloth, clean as can be. Immediately, his eyes lit up, he started getting all excited, bouncing around. He turned his head to the cloth and kept opening his mouth - ready to eat!

Sometimes I use a cloth that has my scent on it and lay it near him when he's trying to sleep (and having difficulty) - the smell helps him calm down. It's really fun to see. But this morning, this showed that the smart little guy has figured out that a clean cloth on him like that means TIME TO EAT! :) It made my morning. I love watching him learn and make those connections!!

No comments: