Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Sunday, April 6, 2008

All Is As It Should Be

Life is back to normal now. My baby is back in our home. :)

We picked him up today at our meeting point - halfway in between (which is a total of at least 8 hours of driving). Nothing went wrong (on the way there last week, it took us an hour and a half to drive the last 5 miles due to "construction" that we never saw...), and everyone was actually a little early.

I rode with Camden in the back for the first half of the trip. He thought of this going - and we sat together some then, too. So, I joined again, and he seemed to really like it. We stopped twice later, and he asked me each time "Are you getting back here again?" even though I was already in the front. He talked a lot about what things he did, where he went, what he played, etc. Then he even took a nap on my shoulder for quite a while. My neck hurt a bit, his head was a little heavy on my shoulder, and he was quite hot and a bit sweaty, too, but I loved every second of it. I know he's almost 9, but he is still my baby!

And we certainly did stop by Steak & Shake for dinner. We were all pleased about that. ;) Well, until we discovered that ordering a healthier shake - the fruit & frozen yogurt shake that I got - is about half the size of the regular shakes and costs more... That's what you get for trying to make a healthier decision, huh? But it was yummy and actually just enough after that big meal! (Plus, I got hot fudge on it to balance out the health factor, so there you go...)

No comments: