Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane...

Ok, so not really - I'm not going anywhere on any kind of plane. But that song has been in my head for the past week.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....



The hospital bags are all packed just in case - my bag, Ryan's bag, laptop, cameras, everything! All that's left is a few things I still use everyday, and I've got my list ready for that. What a way to make his arrival so REAL other than packing hospital bags. Wow! It also meant that, not only did I have to pack my things (or Ryan's or Camden's), but I had to get AIDEN'S things ready! I had to sterilize his pacifiers (b/c I want him having the ones I have picked out, not what the hospital gives the babies), get his going-home outfit, pack scratch mittens, nursing items I need, and some other little things.

Aiden's going home outfit is really special, sentimental. When Camden was born, my mom made his Christening gown, and he wore that home from the hospital. Of course, nobody expected him to be soooo big, so we couldn't even close the back of the gown! But he still wore it. Nine years later, it's still in perfect condition and waiting for Aiden to wear it home, as well. It will mean so much for him to be able to wear it just like his big brother did!


Camden in his Christening gown that Mammaw Melly made

No comments: