Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Friday, February 22, 2008

Candy Girl

I am definitely craving sugar with this baby. It's crazy!! I am typically not the type to raid the candy aisle - we never even go down that way! When Camden gets candy for Halloween, Valentine's, Easter, etc, we all eat a little bit here and there and then tend to forget about it and end up throwing the majority of it away after a while.

But things are a-changing! Yesterday I actually did a tiny bit of the grocery shopping since I was heading to Target anyway. (Ryan's been doing all of this so I can avoid all the smells and stay off of my feet per doctor's orders.) But I had - I mean HAD - to get some candy! One whole side of the aisle was dedicated to chocolate and jelly beans, neither of which I was interested in (and I am typically very interested in chocolate!). I was focused on the dum-dums, jolly ranchers, blow pops, and basically any type of hard sugary candy. I was amazed to discover that the only bag of dum-dums was a 300-count bag! I do NOT need that many suckers in my house! I would eat them all.

So I opted for the blow pops and jolly ranchers. And then Ryan shows up later in the evening with even more candy for me. I don't really need it, but I will either end up giving into my cravings and eating it all or I will not be so tempted now that I have it (which is actually very likely to happen). We shall see. Hopefully this craving will go away once the baby arrives because I certainly do not need to keep up this habit!

1 comment:

Matt & Kristy said...

I feel your pain!!! All I wanted while I was pregnant was sweets!!!
kristy