Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Sunday, February 10, 2008

FOOD

Foods I typically love but can no longer tolerate at all:
  • Anything with spaghetti sauce
  • Garlic toast (that goes with the spaghetti sauce)
  • Wheat bread (well, really ANY bread and especially the crust)
  • Burritos
  • Turkey burgers/dogs
  • Salad
  • Most vegetables (especially green veggies!)
  • Most cereals that I used to eat
  • Apples
  • Nuts - esp walnuts
  • Coffee/Tea (a couple times I have been able to tolerate a cup at night but just lately)
  • Yogurt

Foods I can actually eat just about whenever:

  • Waffles w/ maple syrup (yeah, that's what the baby needs...at least it is homemade and not from a mix!!!)
  • BLT's (at least there is lettuce and tomatoe on it!)
  • Goldenrod eggs (family recipe - not the worst, but not the healthiest either - but it is very yummy!)
  • Egg salad from Whole Foods (again, not the healthiest)
  • Milk (at least there are a few good things still on this list!)
  • Avacado
  • Asparagus (surprisingly!)
  • Strawberries
  • Canteloupe (Ryan is waiting for these foods to be IN SEASON - haha! Right now we get to pay premium prices for half-way decent foods...)

For those of you that know me, it is obvious that my good eating habits have gone flying out the window!! The worst part is trying to plan meals as most of our staples (quick to cook and lasts for more than one night!) are no longer working for me. Kind of frustrating, but -hey- at least I'm eating, right? I try to keep that in mind... I do still have to take my meds to be able to stomach anything. I've been late with a couple doses recently and was quickly reminded why I am taking them... I still have some bad days regardless of the meds, but I am grateful to have them and be able to eat at least something!

No comments: