Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mr. Obvious

I had thought, about an hour ago, that I was actually going to get into bed early tonight... Assuming I go to bed right after writing this, it's still early, but not AS early. This is how we seem to do things...

Anyway, I just had to share this short story. I got a good laugh out of it.

Camden and I were at the dining table earlier, and he was looking over some papers sent home from school. He has a field trip coming up - a big one that is all day and into the evening. They're going to Wilmington, NC to visit the USS NC Battleship, have lunch at the beach, and then visit to the NC Aquarium. Ryan is going as one of the parent chaperones, so the paperwork was all about the trip.

I asked how many other dads were going (all the chaperones for the whole grade were listed), out of curiosity. He mentioned a couple just from his class were. Then he said...hey, this one kid has a dad with a different last name. His tone saying, that's odd.

I said...yeah, sound familiar??

It took him a while.
And me actually saying - your name is different from Ryan's...

Ummm...Hello! We both laughed about that one.

No comments: