Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins

Another Friday - time for Friday Fill-Ins! Getting to them late today...been that kind of day. Funny how teething only causes us problems when it comes naptime....

One thing I like about Friday Fill-Ins is reading some others' posts. My friend Connie does them (she introduced me to them), and so does my sister, Lauren. I always do my own before reading theirs - as not to get any ideas, so mine will be original - but it's fun to see how others fill-in their sentences and see how different/similar they are. If you decide to try them out, be sure to let me know!!

Here we go!

1. Moving is kind of fun, I think. It's the packing that's not. But I love the excitement that comes with moving to a new house, a new area, getting to organize and set up all the furniture in a new way. I'm one of those people that likes change.

2. Good sturdy boxes are free at the liquor store. I sure hope our neighbors don't see our boxes and think we're alcoholics, though... We really don't drink that much.

3. My best quality is...hmmmm....I don't know. Anyone want to throw out one? I know I have some great qualities (along with some not-so-great ones), but I'm not really sure what my best one is. I'd be happy to read what you think, though.

4. I'm good at writing with lots of details. Haven't you noticed that by now?

5. In nearly 10 years, my life sure has taken some big turns and changed in many ways. I'm certainly not the same person I was ten years ago! A lot of ups, downs, and times in between have shaped me greatly since graduating from high school (which actually happened 11 years ago..). *Sigh* Camden will be ten this summer. Hard to believe...that he can be that old, that I can have a child that old, that I have been a parent that long...

6. Peace is what I need right now! I've had some things on my mind and would like to be at peace with how some of those things have turned out and with the direction some are going towards. It's so hard sometimes to know whether or not you've made the best or "right" decisions. And sometimes you never know. I would like to be at peace and trust that things are exactly as they should be.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to boxing up a few more things, packing up the car with more boxes to take to the house, and then watching some Friends DVDs with Ryan, tomorrow my plans include purchasing paint for the boys' rooms and starting to PAINT them and Sunday, I want to finish up painting the boys' rooms and maybe (maybe!) get some time in the pool while we still have one we can use (or is that wishful thinking?)!

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I would guess that one of your best qualities is being thoughtful and mindful in whatever you do.