Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Monday, May 18, 2009

That's Life

When I listen to music, I tend to repeat things over and over until I'm just about sick of it. Then I move on to the next cd and do the same. (This is why soundtracks and music collections like WOW Hits are good for me...) I also tend to turn it up and sing very loudly in the car. Aiden should have come out being able to recite just about all the words to songs by Michael Buble, Daughtry, Norah Jones, Robbie Seay, and a few others because when pregnant and commuting to my field placement in Raleigh 45 minutes or so away, I would listen to a cd for a week or so at a time and then switch to another.

I popped Michael Buble back in the other day and thought I would share this one song. It's not my favorite of his, but I think it's a great one for the lyrics. It's a good pick-me-up song, and you can't help but sing along. Life just plain ol' sucks sometimes...and then it's great at other times. When it's not-so-great, you just pick yourself right back up and keep going, you know. That's what my mama taught me. ;) Right, mama!? I've had many people ask me how on earth I did things, such as go to school as a single mom, not to mention get great grades, be so involved with other activities of my own and Camden's, etc. (as an example). I've had people tell me they were impressed with some of the things I've dealt with and came through. But to me...that's just life. You take what you get, you deal with it, and you move on. Not really many other choices. Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself does nothing. You suck it up; do the best you can with what you have. That's Life....

That's life
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April
You're shot down in May
I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top in June

I say that's life
& as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks
Stompin' on your dreams
But I don't let it, let it get me down
'Cause this fine ol' world keeps spinning 'round

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn & a king
I've been up & down & over & out
But I know one thing
Each time I find myself, flat on this face
I pick myself up & get back in the race

That's life
I can't deny it
I thought of quitting, baby
This heart wasn't gonna buy it
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try
I'd jump right on a big bird & then I'd fly

My favorite line is this one: Each time I find myself, flat on this face, I pick myself up and get back in the race... Many times, that's just all there is to do, my friends.

No comments: