Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins

My answers in bold!

1. It's cold and quiet when I go to bed before Aiden wakes to join us. I'm so used to him being there, breathing, nursing, cuddling as close to me as he can (which means more body heat). Sometimes I have a harder time falling asleep when he's still in his bed, probably partly b/c I don't know when he'll wake up and know it could be just moments after I start to drift off.

2. I love fresh tomatoes, and it's about time to start heading to the Farmer's Market for some good local summer produce, including those yummy tomatoes. I love summer foods!!

3. My favorite health and beauty product is coconut oil at the moment. I'm learning all the wonderful things you can use it for. Longer post about it coming up, but it's a great body oil - and is also wonderful for red baby bottoms, if that happens to occur. You have to get the right kind, though. (Like I said, more soon. I have so many things I need to blog about. Just need more time!!)

4. The trip back home is a nice long ride. Who am I kidding...it's just a LONG RIDE. I'm always glad to go back home, but the ride is not a part I enjoy. It's six hours to Ryan's family (longer with traffic and now with a baby, of course), another two to get to my Mom and step-dad, and another two to get to my Dad and step-mom. It's looking like Lexington might be a great place to end up sometime soon - right in the middle and within two hours of all of them!

5. Well, first of all we have to stay here a few more years. Mostly b/c of Ryan's job, which is fine. But it will happen!

6. Some of my closest friends; those were the cast of characters in a recent dream and it was not a dream I remember clearly. I don't dream much these days b/c I don't get to have that deep sleep, and when I do, it doesn't last long. That's what happens with a baby close by! Once he joins us in the bed, I don't have deep sleep at all, which is fine b/c I wake if he needs me. On weekends when we have little to do, Ryan will get up with Aiden...that's when I usually get to sleep well and might have some dreams. :)

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to cuddling up with my hubby, enjoying some homemade brownies, and watching some Friends - it's our "dating" anniversary (yes, we celebrate that!); we went on our first date six years ago today (seems like it was just yesterday and at the same time like it was forever ago...), tomorrow my plans include the last swim class of this session (next one starts up next week!) and then try to finish painting in Aiden's new room, and Sunday, I want to finish the paint job in Camden's room! We're hopeful those are goals we can accomplish!

No comments: