Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Monday, May 11, 2009

It's a Hard-Knock Life

Mother's Day morning I woke up to Aiden's smiling face, and then the other guys joined us on the bed to hang out. Aiden was giving out kisses...to everyone but me. He gave them over and over to Daddy. And even more to Camden. Everytime someone would ask if he wanted to give Mommy kisses or anytime I would try to get one, he would turn around to give one to someone else or blow raspberries. And when trying to reach Camden (to give him kisses, what else?), Aiden would kick against my belly or my boobs or whatever else he could use to push him towards big brother. We joked about how Mommy does all the work and nurturing, etc, etc, and everyone else gets the loving; how Mommy was being left out while Aiden showered Daddy and Camden with kisses. And I just got kicked.

I couldn't help but think of the song from Annie.

It's a hard-knock life for me.... Instead of kisses, I get kicked....

Yeah, pretty much. Happy Mother's Day to me, right? Camden gave me kisses to make up for it. And I did end up getting some from Aiden later on. You just have to wait for it to be HIS idea sometimes. ;) And with the amount of kisses he gives out lately, it's hard to feel deprived!

No comments: