Our family is growing in many ways... Growing in numbers, knowledge, parenting skills, growing in love, in our faith, growing our culinary skills (if you can call it that), growing without gluten (some of us), growing green...........

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Day??



Do you see all the snow we got in the middle of the night last night? No??? Me neither.

After a prediction of possibly getting snow (and also being told we might get missed altogether), our school district decided to have a two-hour delay this morning. This was decided last night.

Welcome to North Carolina, folks.

This may seem normal or not such a big deal to people who are used to being here. But I must admit, I laugh every time they predict a dusting and schools close... And it usually is just a dusting - as in you can see the grass still. This time we got NO snow. But still had a delay. Just in case.


Just for the fun of it...here is a pic from our first NC "snow." This was in January 2007.



School was called off, of course. It seemed like everyone went crazy b/c of this... Camden and I had a good chuckle. I kept thinking - you can see the GRASS! It's not enough if you can see the grass! But now - I worry about Ryan driving to work in these kind of "conditions" - b/c people here aren't used to driving in the snow and the city is not prepared (for salting, scraping, etc.).

Oh well. I guess it's not nice to make fun. Sometimes I just can't help myself. ;)

No comments: